- In this tutorial there will be used two different types of radiation models: P1 model and FvDOM model
- P1 is the simplest case of the more general P-N model, which is based on the expansion of the radiation intensity into an orthogonal series of spherical harmonics
- Acronym FvDOM stands for Finite Volume Discrete Ordinates Method. FvDOM radiation model solves the radiative transfer equation (RTE) for a finite number of discrete solid angles, each associated with a vector direction
- In both radiation models there are used constant absorbtion and emission coefficients specified in constant/radiationProperties
- None of these two radiation models include scattering (deviation from a straight trajectory).