Previous: Geometry description Up: Basic test case Next: Phase ratio initialization
This is an automatically generated documentation by LaTeX2HTML utility. In case of any issue, please, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Test case set up
- Copy tutorial test case mixerVessel2D:
# cp -r $FOAM_TUTORIALS/multiphase/interFoam/laminar/\
# cd mixerVessel2D
- Test case is already preset
- Test case is set for solver interFoam
- Solver interFoam is unsteady solver based on PISO algorithm
- Solver interFoam solves motion of 2 incompressible, isothermal immiscible fluids using a VOF (volume of fluid) phase-fraction based interface capturing approach
- Computational mesh consists of blocks made in blockMesh application
- Mesh is set using makeMesh script:
# cat makeMesh
#!/bin/sh m4 < system/blockMeshDict.m4 > system/blockMeshDict blockMesh topoSet setsToZones -noFlipMap
- Line 1: just stating that script is a bash type
- Line 3: using m4 (macro processor) define variable for blockMesh14.1
- Line 4: run application blockMesh
- Line 5: create set of cells cellSet using utility topoSet. The cellSet is called rotor.
- In recent versions of the tutorial the fourth and fifth lines are redundant, as the cell zone is defined directly in the file blockMeshDict – note well the name rotor inserted into the definition of some hex-es. Mentioned lines thus actually convert a cell zone to cell set and back.
- Line 6: convert cellSet rotor to a cellZone (mesh part)
- Build the mesh: