The input mesh is one or more mesh parts that are to be “unwrapped” by the filter. Most often this will be either the internal mesh or the blade patch(es).
This manual is a part of Turbomachinery CFD project, which is commercial product of company CFD Support s.r.o. https://www.cfdsupport.com
Turbomachinery CFD is an open-source CFD software package and methodology based on the OpenFOAMÂ® software. It was especially created to enable a quick and efficient design optimization of rotating machinery. This particular software version (15.09) of Turbomachinery CFD works as an extension of OpenFOAM 2.3.x and requires OpenFOAM 2.3.x also installed (before). The package is designed for simulating pumps, compressors, steam turbines, water turbines, fans, ventilators, propellers, impellers, … Nevertheless it can be used for wide range of various CFD simulations of fluid flows.
- straightforward setup of OpenFOAM cases
- automatic running of calculations
- complex postprocessing of the calculated results.
- TCFDSource is used for an ease of use CFD case setup.
- TCFDManager is used for an user friendly CFD simulation control.
- [1.] Computational mesh generation – a brand new mesh can be generated on given STL files or the external computational mesh can be imported.
- [2.] Simulation phase – it is possible to setup and simulate the whole machine characteristics (working points) in one simulation (e.g. different flow rates, different RPMs, different pressure ratios, etc.).
- [3.] Results evaluation – the output is an html report with plots of interesting variables and colored pictures (e.g. blade-to-blade views, meridional averages, etc.).