Previous: Usage Up: TCFD-manual Next: Index
This is an automatically generated documentation by LaTeX2HTML utility. In case of any issue, please, contact us at email@example.com.
TCFD\textregistered - Rescue List
- Check if the boundary conditions are reasonable (especially at the inlet and at the outlet).
- Check of all the units (physical dimensions) of all quantities are correct.
- Each TCFD case consists of components. Check the number of components. Check if the components are connected, see the components graph (Figure ) in the Components settings.
- If you use automatic snappyHexMesh meshing, each component should be watertight. Check if all the components are watertight, see Section .
- All the interfaces between two components must fit perfectly. There is only one exception: in the periodic segment cases when using Mixing Plane, the interfaces may not fit in the circumferential direction. In all other cases the interfaces must fit perfectly.
- Check the axis of rotation. Axis point is recommended to be [0 0 0].
- Check the speed of rotation and its units. Check the direction of rotation (right hand rule).
- If using Mixing Plane BC, check the number of averaging intervals (mixing planes).
- Check if all the components and walls that should rotate are set as rotating.
- If you use a periodic case, check if the number of segments is correct.
- Check if the mesh dimensions are set correctly (mm, m, km, …). TCFD solvers use always meters.
- Is the mesh OK also visually?
- In the report check the y+ values.
- If you use automatic snappyHexMesh meshing – check if the internal points are really inside the components (Otherwise the “inverse” volume is meshed).
- If you use automatic snappyHexMesh meshing – check if the background mesh is reasonable fine. At the beginning a reasonable background mesh cell size is the impeller diameter divided by 75.
- Does the background mesh cell size follow the dimensions of the input geometry?
- Check if all the initial values for all quantities are reasonable.
- If you use periodic segment case – check if the periodic patches (rotationAMI type) fit perfectly.
- Check the number of iterations or simulation time is reasonable – simulation has to be converged. Sometimes Convergence Check utility may stop the simulation too soon. Check it in the report, the quantities should be steady (converged)
- If your issue is still unresolved, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The best way to do that is sharing the complete case to our technical support. If your case can not be shared for any reason – please send us the detailed case description and zipped logRun folder.