This is an automatically generated documentation by LaTeX2HTML utility. In case of any issue, please, contact us at email@example.com.
Local Refinement on Edges
This section shows a local refinement for edges.
- Navigate to the menu Mesh > Create Sub-mesh and follow these steps (see Fig. ):
- Set the Mesh to Cyclone.
- Rename Name to Cyclone-ring-wire.
- Set the Geometry to Cyclone-ring-wire from Object Browser.
- Select 1D Algorithm called Wire Discretisation.
- Click the setting icon next to the Hypothesis and select Local Length.
- Rename Name to My Local Length.
- Set the Length value to .
- Leave the Precision with its default value (usually ).
- Click OK and then Apply and Close.
Figure: New Sub-Mesh on Edge.
- For more Sub-Meshes there might be ambiguous refinement definitions.
- In this case, two different definition for edge on Cyclone-ring-wire is provided (one for Cyclone-ring Sub-Mesh and one for Cyclone-ring-wire Sub-Mesh).
- If this happens, SALOME throws a warning information (see Fig. left).
- It can be resolved by clicking on Yes and change the priority (see Fig. right).
- This could be done anytime. Navigate to the menu Mesh -> Change sub-mesh priority.
- Clear the mesh and run the computation.
- Export the mesh to UNV file and save it as cyclone-third.unv
Figure: Sub-mesh priority.