- The aim of this flat plate test case is to understand the turbulent simulation and to test many turbulence settings.
- This test case is suitable to compare Wall treatment – Low Re modeling (resolved mesh) vs. Wall Functions
- This test case is suitable to compare compressible and incompressible fluid flows.
- A flat plate test case is a typical test case for testing turbulence models.
- This is perhaps the simplest case possible.
- A free-stream flows around the flat plate.
- The boundary layer properties are tested.
- The test case is described in NASA pages http://turbmodels.larc.nasa.gov/flatplate_val.html
- The test case is already preset.
Figure: A sketch of turbulent flat plate test case.