- The tutorial case can be found in the materials inside the training/run/snappyTestCase directory.
- The directory contains a preset case for mesh generation of a simple geometry:
snappyTestCase Case directory constant polyMesh OpenFOAM mesh data blockMeshDict Dictionary for blockMesh utility triSurface Directory including inputs for snappyHexMesh C-fine.stl D-fine.stl Surface geometry files F-fine.stl system controlDict fvSchemes Compulsory files fvSolution snappyHexMeshDict SnappyHexMesh mesh parameters surfaceFeatureExtractDict Dictionary for generation of geometry edges snappyEvolution.mp4 All the intermediate steps visualization
- Additional files and folders for meshing:
- triSurface directory holds the input geometry. SnappyHexMesh always looks into this directory.
- snappyHexMeshDict is a dictionary for snappyHexMesh inlucding all the mesh and algorithm parameters.
- surfaceFeatureExtractDict is a dictionary for surfaceFeatureExtract utility by which edges of input geometry can be generated.
- The input geometry for this case consists of three letter-shaped objects – C, F and D (see Figure ).
Figure: Input geometry, three letters – C.stl, F.stl and D.stl.
- This tutorial is explaining the most important parameters for generating a computational mesh.