Modifications to Practice
- In file blockMeshDict we can change computational mesh to 50×50 cells8.1.
# gedit constant/polyMesh/blockMeshDict
blocks ( hex (0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7) (50 50 1) simpleGrading (1 1 1) );
- Run blockMesh:
- Let us change time step to 0.0005s and computation time to 1.5s. Solution will be saved in times 0.1, 0.2, 0.3, …, 1.5s (instead of number of time steps). Let’s modify controlDict, e.g.:
# gedit system/controlDict
stopAt endTime; endTime 1.5; deltaT 0.0005; writeControl runTime; writeInterval 0.1;
- Run icoFoam on background and forward output into the text file log:
# icoFoam > log &
- It is useful to watch the log file content to see how the computation goes:
# tail -f log
- By pressing ctrl+c one can jump back to the console
- Results can be viewed during computation in paraview (button Refresh Times always rereads the time layers):
Figure: Lid driven cavity: velocity magnitude and vector field.