- Those parts that are not needed for a CFD simulation will be cleaned now.
- You can just hide them. And later export just visible parts of the model.
- To pre-process the valve model, only the Shell_10 (shell that represents valve body) is needed.
- Hide all the shells but the Shell_10
- NOTE: Hiding manually many other shells may be annoying. By clicking right mouse button on the Shell_10 you can select an option Show Only.
- Now Shell_10 can be split (exploded) into individual faces using the same procedure which was used when splitting original Globe Valvess model.
- Shell_10 > New entity > Explode This time the Main Object is Shell_10 and Sub-shapes Type is automatically set to Face. After confirming the operation Shell_10 is exploded into 255 faces.
- The surface model is now split into the faces (basic elements).
- Now hide all the unimportant faces by selecting and clicking right mouse button and select hide. Those are all those faces, who are not in contact with fluid flow.
- NOTE: To select multiple faces keep pressed shift key while selecting them.
- Keep hiding faces until all the faces which are not needed for your CFD simulation are hidden.
- In the figure you can see the partial state of hiding unimportant faces
- In the figure you can see only the important faces – faces that are in the contact with the fluid flow
Figure: Some faces are already hidden
Figure: Valve Body, hiding (cleaning) process finished