This is an automatically generated documentation by LaTeX2HTML utility. In case of any issue, please, contact us at email@example.com.
- What are those iteration records?
- Let us take a closer look at e.g. time 0.49 s:
Time = 0.49
- Time means physical time in seconds
Courant Number mean: 0.222158 max: 0.852134
- Courant Number mean/max are mean/maximal CFL number for convergence condition. Roughly speaking, it can be ralated to the well known formula:
- Particularly, OpenFOAM uses the following formula:
smoothSolver: Solving for Ux, Initial residual = 2.59115e-07, Final residual = 2.59115e-07, No Iterations 0
- smoothSolver is linear system solver for U with smoother.
- Linear system solver set-up is in file fvSolution
- Solver decomposes velocity vector into components and solves them separately
- Initial residual is a measure of stability of solution with respect to previous iteration.
- Final residual is a residual when linear system solver has finished.
- No Iterations is number of iterations of linear system solver
DICPCG: Solving for p, Initial residual = 8.63844e-07, Final residual = 8.63844e-07, No Iterations 0
- DICPCG is linear system solver used for pressure (Diagonal Incomplete Cholesky Preconditioned Conjugate Gradient)
- In PISO algorithm the pressure computation is repeated according to number of correctors nCorrectors
time step continuity errors : sum local = 6.11228e-09, global = 1.51821e-18, cumulative = 1.09644e-17
- time step continuity errors is continuity equation error, basically it is a sum of fluxes over all mesh faces and ideally should be zero
ExecutionTime = 0.19 s ClockTime = 1 s
- ExecutionTime is the time elapsed since start of the computation.
- ClockTime is the time spent on processor(s).