- Start the SALOME software.
- NOTE: SALOME has no undo button. The unique parts of work are recommended to be often saved as a SALOME project *.hdf
- When the SALOME is loaded open new Geometry module.
Figure: Geometry module
When a new Geometry module is opened. It can take couple of seconds. Go to menu File > Import > Step and find and select Valvess.step.
Figure: Import STEP
In Warning window choose Yes to rescale the valve model into meters.
Figure: Rescaling the model
- Click icon Fit All – the simple magnifier icon, or any of 6 cube icons, see picture (cubes with one yellow side on 3D view operations panel) to fit the whole model into the active window.
- Activate Interaction style switch – white computer mouse icon on the panel in the picture that allows you to move or rotate with the model.
- For a selection mode deactivate Interaction style switch – white computer mouse icon on the panel in the picture .
Figure: 3D view operations panel
- Now the model is loaded, it is visible in the main window and you can examine it. Rotate with model (left mouse button). Zoom model (right mouse button and mouse wheel).
- Just play around a little bit.
Figure: Initial Water Valve CAD Model