What is OpenFOAM?
- OpenFOAM is a great project!
- OpenFOAM supports a collaborative environment. Everybody is invited.
- OpenFOAM gives a perpetual value to its users.
- OpenFOAM stands for Open Source Field Operation and Manipulation.
- OpenFOAM is the world leading open-source tool for Computational Fluid Dynamics.
- OpenFOAM is designed as an easily extensible package of tools for numerical simulations (mainly CFD).
- OpenFOAM is based on the Finite Volume Method, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finite_volume_method.
- The code is distributed under GNU General Public License
- OpenFOAM has a large user base across most areas of engineering and science, from both commercial and academic organizations.
- OpenFOAM has an extensive range of features to solve anything from complex fluid flows involving chemical reactions, turbulence and heat transfer, to solid dynamics and electro-magnetics.
- OpenFOAM is a free, open source CFD software package developed by:
- Last, but not least: OpenFOAM gives you a choice. In which way you invest in your CFD. Time, or Money?