Cyclone Separator Preprocessing
This preprocessing training tutorial shows a complete process of CFD workflow on a simple geometry of a cyclone separator. The very first step is a creation of a CAD model in SALOME from scratch. Afterwards, the surface model exported. The surface model can be either used to create a computational mesh in OpenFOAM using snappyHexMesh. Or the computational mesh can be generated directly in SALOME and can be converted to OpenFOAM mesh format.
- Objectives of this Tutorial
- Cyclone Geometry
- SALOME example – Cyclone Preprocessing
- Create a Planar Curve
- Creating a Solid from a Planar Curve
- Creating the Inlet Part
- Splitting Each Part to Perfect Fit – Inlet-extrusion
- Split Each Part to Perfect fit – Cyclone-rotPart
- Creating Final Model
- Creating a Group of Faces for Meshing.
- Computational Mesh in SALOME
- Surface Mesh