Meshes in OpenFOAM
- OpenFOAM uses Cartesian coordinates.
- All the cases in OpenFOAM are computed as to be three-dimensional. Even if the case is one-dimensional or two-dimensional, it is necessary to have at least one volume cell in each axis direction.
- In general, there are four ways how to create mesh for OpenFOAM:
- Creating mesh in blockMesh – part of OpenFOAM
- Creating mesh in snappyHexMesh – part of OpenFOAM
- Creating mesh in foamyHexMesh – part of OpenFOAM
- Creating mesh with third party tools and importing it.
- OpenFOAM supports following mesh conversions: